XP SP3 and its affect to cracking

Discussion in 'Frackers Chatter' started by thchog, Aug 9, 2008.

1. thchog

thchog Recruit FRACKERS MEMBER

Can you patch sp3 tcpip with sp2 tcpip patch???

I recently downloaded SP3 updates for XP on my computers and did not take a second to read up on the changes it made. Usually MS fucks up what it fixes to a pretty even ratio, so it's best to do so, but i'm retarded on wednesdays. I saw no issues at first, still don't, other than the tcpip.sys being unpatched back to 10 1/2 open connections. I did not realize this until I had tried to test a list of proxy or rather 20 lists of proxy against a site in sentry, and most timed out, like 95%. I had better luck as far as testing in C-force, but not much and a tad better with bleach 1.10. So i went to one of the 3 places I trust to fix this issue"

llvlord
    xp-antispy
    nlite

I strongly prefer llvlord but after downloading I noticed it had not been updated in over 2 years, not wanting to fuck up again, or reinstall my os if this patch did not work with sp3 i searched and searched.
    In anothers words...
    While many people asked the same question, I found no real answers, so I said fuck it, and patched with llvlord. To make a long story short It worked, so far, no issues and sentry works again, and i am soooo happy. So unless i come and recant this post later its safe to use EvID4226Patch223d-en.zip on the SP3 version of XP.....on my machine :)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  2. The Crow

The Crow Administration FRACKERS TEAM ADMINISTRATOR

I never even updated to SP2 cause I was afraid it'd screw up my cracking... for some reason I didn't trust those patches.

3. thchog

everything worked best for me on win 2k... Wish I had thought about it then...

4. bokchoy

bokchoy Rookie FRACKERS MEMBER

I had done the same on SP3 but patched the file myself with a hex editor. Much more responsive when torrenting now :):

5. thchog

Would love to see a tut on how ya did it, I have been wanting to HeX a few things, but don't "get it" quite yet. Any way you could throw together a "how to" with a "why I did" for all us not know how's? :):

6. weli

weli is weli MODERATOR

A tut for this can be interesting ..looking forward to it....